Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday, Jan. 11, 11

Today has been a frustrating day.

First, I locked my keys/lunch/purse in my car this morning when I got to work. I had hit lock and then decided to stick my wipers up because it was sleeting when I came in. I accidentally closed the door. I was planning on hitting the gym at lunch, but because of that, I had to wait until 12 so my Mom could take me home to get the spare key.

So I was pretty frustrated from the beginning. Then when I get into work I have so many emails to go through, and deal with some passive aggressive coworkers (argh).

I was really disappointed that I couldn't hit the gym at lunch, but I will go tonight.

FOOD:
Pineapple Chobani yogurt: 160
Skinny Caramel Machiatto: 140
Salad w/ dressing: 100
Almonds: 172
Banana: 100
Baked sweet potato (no butter/sugar!): 103
cup of sauteed shrimp/onions/asparagus/olive oil: 310
1/3 cup of rice: 64

Total 1164. Seems low, but I wasn't really hungry much today. I swear I had to have eaten something else, but I can't remember? I had a chicken breast and green beans for lunch, but never got to eating it at work.

Update: Went to gym and burned 700! calories on the Arc Trainer (that is the elliptical/stair thingy). Then my HRM watch battery died, argh! I did 5 minutes on the rowing machine after that.

I have to give my thanks and praise to God. I can't believe after so many years, I'm sticking to something. I forget sometimes, because I am not perfect and fall short of the glory of our Lord, but I thank you for being there for me, even when I fail. I thank you, God, for giving me this motivation and telling me to stop when I feel full. Thank you for providing people in my life who give me motivation to keep going and not give up. Thank you for friends who are examples of healthy eating/exercising. Thank you for helping me to be an example.

Thank you for everything, even though I'm not perfect, thank you for providing your only son, Jesus, in place of my sins. I'm truly not worth! I'm failed, I'm flawed, I'm far from perfect. Everyday I make mistakes and can never, ever measure up, but I'm so glad that you forgive me and are there for me, even when I fall, when I stumble, when I mess up. Thank you for doing your work in me, giving me patience, helping me in my faith. Thank you God. Thank you God.

Psalm 118:5-9

In my anguish I cried to the Lord,
and he answered by setting me free.
The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?
The Lord is with me; he is my helper.
I will look in triumph on my enemies.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in man,
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in princes.

No comments:

Post a Comment