Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 = Working on ME!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

I am working on me this year. I have a lot of weight (baggage) to let go.

Goals:

  • Work on my relationship with God, and spend a designated time each day with the Lord.
  • Read my bible daily.
  • Become more involved in church.
  • Keep laundry laundered, folded and put away.
  • Exercise 5-6 days a week.
  • Lose some weight.
  • Eat healthy.

Maybe some of these goals seem silly, but they are necessary. The God/church stuff speaks for itself, but the laundry goal is because I HATE doing laundry but I also don't like it sitting in piles in the laundry room.

But most of all, I really want to deepen my relationship with God. I want to live more Christlike. I want to be more healthy, I've put myself on the back burner for a long time. I'm ready to get rid of my past childhood and things I've been holding on for a long time.

Lastly, I didn't put it on my list, but I'm going to try to blog more. My life always seems kind of boring/plain! I am going to type out my prayers at the end.

Dear God, my Father. I want to thank you for everything you've provided for
me and are going to provide for me. I know through Jesus, I am strengthened and
can do anything that I determine to do, as long as it is Your Will. Thank you so
much for opening my eyes to my new church home, I thank you for every person
that you put into my life, and I thank you for removing unproductive people who
may or may not seek to destroy me.

I ask you God to rev my metabolism! Help me make good choices and push me to
want to work out daily. Thank you that I have all the resources I need to make
this happen. Thank you God for making me realize that I want to be a healthy
person, soul, mind and body.

Thank you Father for my family; those who mean most to me: My Husband, my
Son, my Best Friend and Godson. Protect them Father and bless them. Bless my
enemies, Lord, and let me be Christlike to them. Help me not harbor hate or
resentment, but bless me with patience and understanding. Let me not seek
revenge or retaliation, but forgiveness and a sympathetic heart.

Lastly, Lord God thank you SO much for my church family. I pray that I
continue to develop healthy relationships with them.

James 1:19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should
be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human
anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. 21 Therefore, get
rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept
the word planted in you, which can save you.

No comments:

Post a Comment