Saturday, July 24, 2010

MmmmmMMmmmm Chili..

I thought this recipe for Tomato Chili with Taco Nut Meat sounded pretty good..



So, tonight, I decided to make it.



It turned out SUPERB!!



I wanted to try Kumato Tomatoes, just because they seem

ed interesting, and they were really delicious.



So I used 5 Kumato Tomatoes in the recipe, and one vine ripe tomato.





Changes I made to the recipe:



  • I added fresh cilantro and basil.

  • when I pureed the half of the ingredients, I added a little bit of filtered water, then pureed some more.. the reason is because the "juice" was very thick. Then I just added the puree back to the rest.

  • After I blended I added 2 chopped green onions. yum.

  • I did NOT make the cashew kream. I only added a little bit of taco nut meat

  • I did use any celery

It was DELICIOUS!



I added up the ingredients for the chili part, which was about 300 calories.. The chili makes about 3 bowls for me, and I ate about 2/3 of what I made.



The taco nut meat makes about a cup of "meat" and that is about 900 calories. I only used about a tablespoon of that into my chili.





1 comment: