Thursday, July 15, 2010

Introduction to me..

This is me. I am Christi.. others know me as Chrystee, and my best buds call me Chrust.

I've been a fat girl from as long as I can remember. I attribute this from a few things; a Grandmother raising me and my Mom on a Depression diet (biscuits, dumplings, bean soup!), genetics, my Mom being a yo-yo dieter all my life and emotional eating.

A lot of stress in my life as a kid caused me to have an unhealthy association with food. Like so many other Americans, its the first thing I feel like doing when I'm upset; Where's the ice cream!

This year I turned 30. I've been married for 10 years, and I've got a 3 year old son. I've been feeling a lot of push to get healthy for many years, the struggle has been getting my mind in the game.

Anyway, since about 18, I've endured the struggle to lose weight. I was fat in high school (size 16) but didn't really care to try. Like so many other people struggling to lose weight, I've tried Atkins, Southbeach, Weight-watchers, etc.

With this blog, I am looking to get myself accountable and just try to keep track of my daily eating/exercising and the feelings.

So that's me in a nutshell and why I wanted to start a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment