Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Feeling better.

Well, I found out that in order to go back to my old job, I'd have to take a massive pay cut (what the heck??)

Anyway, things have been SO much better. I decided to let things roll off my back and not worry about it and try to make the best of things.

I also figured that I should start looking into going forward with the weight loss surgery. I've looked into it for at least 6 years, and I think its time. I found out that with the insurance I have with my company that they will cover it 100%. Maybe that is a sign that its time!

My Sister is coming with me to orientation on July 12th. I am excited and feeling so nervous, but I know this is going to really have a good impact on me. I've been reading and reading and it looks like my best option is going to be the Vertical Sleeve Gastroectomy. Instead of the Roux en Y where they redirect your organs. With the VSG, they just make your stomach smaller. There seems to be a lot less problems with this type of surgery, because your stomach can still process minerals and vitamins, its just much, much smaller.

I will have to follow a presurgery diet, and I'm excited to do so. I'll post more when I find out more info next week!

I'm still working out and I've ramped up my motivation. My goal is 6 days a week for at least 60 minutes. So far, I am exceeding that. Thursday and Friday I worked out for 90 minutes, Saturday we went to Pennsylvania, and Sunday I took my son swimming for 2 hours and then did 90 minutes at the gym. Monday, I went at 9:30 (pm) and did 30 minutes on the arc trainer, and 25 on the elliptical with arm weight machines. Feeling good and SO much better than last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment