Thursday, July 14, 2011

Feeling fantastic!

Today is my 4th day on Paleo. I've been really reading up on it and I am trying to incorporate some crossfit. I'm feeling excited that that the scale has started moving back down, 5 pounds lost this week, hurray!!

I also had a couple of down days, so I feel like that is a good step for me that I was able to keep myself in check and actually stick to what I want to do. I feel good also, because I know that a low carb lifestyle is what I do have to do to keep my PCOS in check.

I didn't end up going to the Seminar, unfortunately. My Sister's Grandmother died, and she couldn't come, and I still don't feel like my husband backs me up on it. I'm trying again. I can do this, I know I can. My biggest issue is staying motivated. As long as I can not emotionally eat and stay motivated I will. I really want to try to lose 80 pounds by January. It can be done.

My Sister in law's wedding is in a month and a half, and I'd love to just get a little more in shape and lose a few more pounds.

So I am just trying to understand the crossfit workouts. They don't make a lot of sense to me, so I've been doing a lot of reading. There is a trainer at my gym who does the crossfit, so I'm goign to talk to him. I don't really want to pay someone though if I can do it on my own.

I also joined my friends 200 sit up a day challenge, and finally did my first 200 last night!

Last weekend, my husband and I went to finally see Coheed & Cambria (one of my favorite bands). It was pretty exciting! My Mom kept my son overnight *gasp* and we actually had a little mini weekend away. :)

The concert was good. They only played 45 minutes, because they were opening for Soundgarden. Also good, but wow, I couldn't believe the amount of people smoking weed. That seemed so crazy. Anyway, we left halfway through Soundgarden to get back to our hotel so that we could get up at 4am and head home. We made it just in time to pick up the dogs without getting charged a second day, and picked up our munchkin.

Then me and the munchkin headed to the pool and spent about 4 hours swimming. All I need in my life are my family. We had a great weekend. He was so tired he conked out at 5:30 pm and slept all night! I really expected him to wake up at 8pm or so, but he didn't. Ever since he had his ear tubes redone it seems that he is just feeling so much better.

This weekend should be hectic, then I fly out at 8am to San Diego. Only crappy thing is that I have to leave the house by 5am to make it up there. blah!

Anyway, other than crossfit, I started doing a martial arts class at my gym that is free. Very interesting. I'm going to go at least once a week. Spinning at lunch yesterday and today I'm heading to uppercuts/rock bottoms so me and my son can go swimming after work!

No comments:

Post a Comment